I’m having one of those moments where, though I know there is plenty to write about, I cannot seem to pinpoint just what to write…
Which, therefore, took me to what my favorite high school English teacher taught my class during our ‘freewrites’:
When you don’t know what to write, just write that until something comes into your head…Whatever you do, though, don’t just sit there and not write anything….
And it works.
I don’t know what to write. I don’t know what to write. I don’t know what to write. I didn’t talk about Mom’s birthday here yet!
And there it is!
So, Mom’s birthday was this past Tuesday. This weekend, I am looking so forward to going home for the night to then come back into the city for an adventure with Mom on Sunday.
This can be our theme song for the day:
We’ll be sure to take pictures and tell all about it 🙂
I won’t take up too much of your time tonight, but an idea went off in my head as to something that needs tobe included in an entry.
While in Ireland last year, an email chain went down through my family, where Jeanne sent a wonderful bit to all of us.
It hung in my flat in Ireland all term, and here I share it with you:
24 TIPS FOR A BETTER LIFE
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement,
‘My purpose is to__________ today.’
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a
college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
14. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. God heals almost everything.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends
will. Stay in touch.
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I
am thankful for__________. Today I accomplished _________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
Have a happy weekend,
P.S. To that wonderful English teacher, ‘Mrs. C,’ if you are reading– know that my punctuation and grammatical skills are truly far better than what is displayed in these posts….Here, this is just stream of consciousness 😉